Family Reunion and Event Center

Family Reunion Lodging in Idaho

Albion State Normal School

Albion State Normal School was established by the Idaho State Legislator in 1893. The citizens of Albion actively lobbied the schools establishment, and donated the land and labor for the new campus. The school offered a two year teacher training program until 1947, when it was renamed Southern Idaho College of Education (SICE) and awarded baccalaureate degrees. The school remained troubled by low income and lack of funding and finely closed by the state in 1951. During its existence Albion State Normal School awarded approximately 6,460 degrees. The campus remained vacant until 1957, when the Magic Valley Christian College opened at the site, and later closed in 1969. The beautiful historic campus was locked and boarded up until the City of Albion auctioned it off in 2007 when the Mortensen family purchased it with plans for a retreat.

 

For detailed information on the history of Albion State Normal School visit:

albionvalley.com/campus

 

For paranormal investigations visit:

www.iprg-c.com

 

Swagner Hall

Swanger Hall-Built 1895 Burned Down 1947

Bocock Auditorium

Bocock Hall Theater- Once Seated 700

Axline Gym

Axline Gymnasium- Built 1910

Axline Basketball Court

Axline Gymnasium

Campus

Comish Cafeteria

Comish Hall Cafeteria- Built 1918

Desks

Library in Bocock Hall

Campus Grounds

Campus Museum

First Building 1893

Presidents Dorm

Apartment in Miller Hall

Sink

Sinks in Comish Hall

Students

Take a look at Miller Hall's Renovation

Arial View of the Campus